Ani

And I was shocked to see the mistakes of each generation will just fade like a radio station, if you just drive out of range... ~Ani DiFranco

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Standing still...I mean still standing!

Standing still is what I am not! I am struck how vastly different my life has become, not over time, but seemingly all at once. It is as if all the change I have known was coming, have anticipated, has built up over time and exploded. As overused as the analogy may be, I dare say like a bomb.

I don't mean to say this negatively. I don't view change as bad, I never have. Change is something I crave from time to time, change can be my only sane place within chaos. Nevertheless, just like when a real bomb explodes, anyone standing close by is bound to be hit with some shrapnel. There are hurts and losses with almost everything we come by in life. Most definitely when we come by change. I only hope that the people I love most walk away with few scars, and the people I have dedicated my life to helping survive the blast as well.

You should know that I do not mean this to single out any one event currently happening in my life, rather the entire universe around me as a whole. Perhaps I am the bomb, or maybe simply life. All I know is that detonation has occurred.

Duck and cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment