Ani

And I was shocked to see the mistakes of each generation will just fade like a radio station, if you just drive out of range... ~Ani DiFranco

Friday, October 24, 2008

So today is...

Another kid's birthday. My oldest is turning 8 today. Which means I have been a mother full-fledged for 8 years today.

My life changed when I became a mother. I changed. The first words I said to my daughter were, "I promise I will protect you every day of my life." I didn't know before her that it was possible to love another human being so completely.

Her birth changed me. Her birth was the catalyst into making me who and what I am today. It wasn't a shiny happy story like my other two births. It was hard on me on so many levels, the birth itself and adjusting to being responsible for a tiny little person. I owe so much to this person, this one who I was supposed to have been taken care of all this time. Today I wonder if she's possibly been taking care of me?

Happy birthday Kierstyn, my beautiful one. I love you with every fiber of my being and I cannot wait to see where this life takes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment